Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Finest at sea


Location : Howe street @ Robson Street

This cart has an extensive menu featuring many items such as soups, salads and sandwiches. I opted for a 'weck', a sandwich featuring ling cod on a crispy torpedo bun. It sounded good with a parsley and basil marinade, roasted red peppers and homemade chipotle mayo. The fish was lightly battered to provide some crispy crunch and a contrast of textures. I have to say it disappointed. 


It was a little tasteless. Overall the fish was lost beneath the slaw and peppers and the whole thing was quite soggy and difficult to eat, utilising many napkins and still resulting in sticky fingers. It was a decent sized sandwich for $7 and I would definitely try something else from their large menu, but at this particular day I was underwhelmed. (In fairness, I had just finished eating a near perfect butter chicken wrap which was a hard act to follow).


No comments:

Post a Comment