Sunday, June 26, 2011

Many vegetable pizza



After shopping at a farmer's marketI decided I needed to use some of the produce immediately to capture the freshness and so I prepared a pizza. I used 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced, 1/2 orange pepper, thinly sliced, 1 chili, sliced, 5 mushrooms, sliced, some purple beet leaves, sliced, handful baby spinach, some black olives, sliced, some thyme and 3 plum tomatoes from a tin, sliced.



I re-visited a low carb shop and found this intriguing looking flat bread, perfect as a pizza base. I have to say, though, it was a little cardboardy. You would do well to make your own or buy one of those ready made beauties.



 The whole pizza was assembled using 1 tbsp tomato puree as the base and quite unconventionally, Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. In truth, it was all I had to hand but I was glad I used it sparingly as it allowed the other flavours to permeate through, especially the plum tomatoes whose complex flavour worked well to minimize the overly oaty crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment